Monday, February 12, 2007

12 of 12 February

Well it's that time of the month again, it's 12 x12 x2, which could be 12 x 24. 24 huh?

"This is a day(ish) in the life of Andy Ellis. He has 24 hours to save the worldwith only his digital camera for company" I'll tell you now if I only had 24 hours to save the world I'd ask for an extention. I could guarantee that I'd want to sleep for at least 8 of those 24 hours. Can you imagine that...

... "Now on FOX, 5am - 6am on 24, beep, beep, beep..." All you would get would be an hour of me in bed asleep. Punctuated by adverts of course. In fact I could guarantee that those adverts would probably be the most exciting part. What am I saying such a programme already exists over here in the UK, it's called Big Brother.

So let's start todays 12 of 12 where I would spend those 8 hours of the day I mentioned earlier.

---



1. 06:45 Approx

This is the time my day begins when I'm working in the office. Although I'm not above catching an extra 5 minutes here and there. In cold weather I like to rap myself in the duvet like a sleeping bag and only my bald spot is probably visable between the covers. Well, nobody else needs the covers at the moment!

---


2. 07:10 Approx

Breakfast. I'm never one for a cooked breakfast, however I always have a bowl of cereal which is bigger than the recommended serving. I'm also a big fan of banana's which is why I always add one to breakfast whenever possible.

---


3. 07:45 Approx

My steed for this mornings ruch hour traffic. Although I'm back in the office I have a works van due to working on site last week. This was featured in Yesterdays Fable of the tale of the "Snow White Van Man".

---


4. 08:05 Approx

And the rush hour is in full swing. I sit at this junction every morning rain or shine. In my opinion it is one of the most ill-designed junctions I have ever had the misfortune to come across on a regular basis. Also do you notice those white stripes painted on the road. You are not supposed to drive over those lines unless it's an emergency. I wonder where the truck is on the road? *Sarcasm*

---


5. 09:30 Approx

My desk at work. It's a much more comfortable place to work than round the back of a cremator or on top of an incinerator. Yes there are 3 mugs on there, but I only use the one. I don't know who the other two belong too. They just seem to multiply.The last time somebody left a mug on my desk I planted a cactus in it. It's still on my window sill growing away nicely. Notice the fan heater in the bottom right hand corner. Until last week the radiator in the office didn't work.

---


6. 11:00 Approx

Tea Break. Or in this case a biscuit break. This is the office (okay my) biscuit barrel. Can you guess what it actually is? Yes it's actually a plastic urn, although as far as I know it's only ever had biscuits in it. It currently houses my Jaffa cakes.

---


7. 12:45 Approx

Lunchtime. Our canteen is only open Tuesday - Friday, so we have to fend for ourselves on a Monday. Usually we just wander up to the local sandwich shop or for those of us not watching what we eat, the chippie. As you can see I I took option A. It's a bagel with Salmon and Soft Cheese filling, a chocolate caramel slice (okay so I'm not watching my weight weight that much) and a fruit smoothie. Eaten at my desk as I've got stacks to do of course.

---


8. 16:00 Approx

My true steed. Yes this is actualy my car when I'm not tearing around the countryside as teh country's slowest white van. I took this shortly after transfering all of maps, spare glasses, CD's etc from the van back into my car. The van and the car were parked less than 5 feet apart yet I still managed to lose the van keys walking between the van and my car!

---


9. 19:00 Approx

Straight after getting back in after work I try and go out for a bike ride if it's dry and not to windy. I tend to cycle upto the top of the hill next door. Although Helen would probably argue that it isn't a hill. Anyway this is the view of the motorway at night from the top of the hill. I'm actually really pleased how this picture came out. Much better than the pier from last time.

---


10. 20:00 Approx

Dinner. I wasn't too tired by this point tonight so I decided to cook something rather than break out something from the freezer. So what you see here is a low-fat chicken Korma, side salad and a not so low fat Peshwari Naan. The camera had to be quick as I was v. hungry. It was also very tasty as well. I'm glad I could enough so I could put together another one later in the week.

---


11. 20:30 Approx

The aftermath. I hate the washing up. That's actually a couple of days worth of washing up. I do it that way to try and claim to being "Environmentally Friendly".

---


12. 21:30 Approx

My "To watch pile" of DVD's. I'm getting to the state where I'm actually buying DVD's faster than I can watch them. If i get chance I'm going to reduce that pile by one tonight. You may notice quite a few Anime DVD's in that pile. At present my anime DVD's outnumber all my other DVD's by a ratio of 7 - 1.

---

So that's my 12 of 12 for February. You've now seen parts of the other side of my job, when I'm actaully sat behind a desk. Unfortunately some parts of it can't really be shown in a public forum for obvious reasons, but I hope it's intersting none the less.

If you have read all fo this and have no idea why I did this, then pop over here and read Chad's blog.

9 comments:

Dogeared said...

You visit down here, and I'll show you a hill, Mister! ;-)

I liked te motorway/blurry light photo! Very arty :D

CondoBlogger said...

I'm not sure if the biscuit barrel/urn container is funny or creepy... "those aren't crumbs!"

You have a couple good ones in your "to watch" DVD pile. Battlestar Galactica is OUTSTANDING!

Great 12 of 12!

Anonymous said...

Very nice pics! Dinner looked great!!

Simon said...

You'd also have to make sure to time your toilet breaks during the adverts.

I love the photo from the top of the hill. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

All your pictures are great, I especially liked the one from the top of the hill, very good. And supper looked good too! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi from Germany.

Your pics are GREAT.

I like all you food pics. It all looks so tasty. :o)
I am hungry now :o)

Steffi.

Dogeared said...

Oh I forgot about the urn/biscuit barrel! Funny/creepy!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! The one from the top of the hill is especially gorgeous.

See you around 12 of 12...

Linda

Pete Cullen said...

Great pics Andy! Pro tip, go for Howl's Moving Castle. It's fantastic.