Monday, February 05, 2007

Splash! A-ha.

God's I'm tired.

I attempted to stay up and watch last nights Superbowl....

We interupt this programme to bring you a special news flash, there is currently water coming out if my ceiling...

... excuse me...

In the name of everybody everywhere. Why me? I've just spent the last half an hour mopping up all of the water on the floor of my bathroom and the kitchen. One of the joints on one of the toilet fittings has just decided now was the time to break! It was like a garden fountain as the pipe just pointed straight upwards. I've managed to fix the joint, but I think I'll keep the water turned off when I'm not out of the house. At least until I can get a plumber to look at it.

Which won't be this week as I'm away from wednesday evening until Sunday. Why do these things happen at the most inconvenient times. I'm not at my best at the moment anyway as my digestive system is giving me gip at the moment so I'm having to watch what I eat or drink more so than usual. Which is going to be made soubly difficult living out of restaurant in Ashford later in the week.

There are days when I just think the world is out to get me! Do I really want to get out of bed tomorrow. Roll on my time-off at the end of the month.

The big question which I was going to blog about before my house turned into a waterpark was the age old question...

...should I stick with my glasses or go back to my contact lenses. My glasses need replacing due to running into one too many solid objects. I'm caught in two minds wondering whether to go back to contact lenses or just replace the glasses. The reason I stopped wearing them was originally due to catching an eye infection - swiftly followed by that illness of mine. I never really got back into them after that.

If I stick with the glasses, do I stick with similar frames or go for something different. It'd be nice if I only had this trivial thing to worry about at the moment.

3 comments:

Dogeared said...

I'd say give contacts a try - for a month or something. If you're happy, then you can look for a pair of glasses (as back up) at leisure, and take the time to find a good deal/the right pair.

Sorry about the house and eating/drinking stuff :-(

Here's to the end of the month! I cannot WAIT for this break up north to see you, Gem and Jon! (plus the bump)

Danielle said...

When did they change the sign in to Google?

You aren't having much fun with your bathroom at the moment, are you? For the restaurant eating, you could always try asking for meals minus sauces - that helps to make them plainer and easier to digest (it also tells you whether they are actually cooking from scratch).

I'm not sure about the glasses/contacts decision, the only thing I would say is, if you go with glasses, make sure you take someone with you whose opinion you trust. It's impossible if you try alone and no good if you take someone who doesn't give an honest opinion (which is how I ended up with my terrible glasses when I was younger - thank you mother). I love helping people pick glasses, it can often be quite unexpected when you see what suits best.

Simon said...

Ouch. I think the whole system needs a good sorting out. Alternatively, you could go back to the good old privy system - just remember to wash the shovel.

As for contacts vs. glasses - I say go for glasses. I like glasses. Mind you, contacts don't break and cost squillions to repair... pros *and* cons?! Ugh!