Monday, February 19, 2007

It lives!

... insert evil belly laugh here ...


I've gone for a bit of a theme for the first part of this post. Why only the first part? Well because even with my twisted logic I couldn't make my the second half fit with the first part. I look at it and think it would be easier to stitch together chalk and cheese.


Part One - The Themed One!


Let's start with mentioning something that is currently among the unliving - my boss. He was away Thursday and Friday last week looking after the kids as his wife had flu. What was worse was his oldest daughter also had chickenpox so she couldn't even go to nursery. Unfortunately he's now also caught the flu as well! I wish him and his family well, not least because I'm running the office on my own at the moment. I may have next week off, but it looks like work is going to work me hard for it.


They have provided me a tool to try and make this easier though. The IT necromancer who works in his tower office in the emerald city has worked a miricle.


It lives...





Yes my laptop is back amongst the living pieces of electrical equipment. I didn't enquire too heavily as to how they managed it. All I know is that it involved lightning and some chanting in BASIC, when they started taking to me about sacrificing virgins I thought it best to beat a hasty retreat.


Another thing among the land of the living is ...


... me. Sort of. I'm feeling much better than I was a few weeks ago, but only thanks to the marvel that is modern medicine. I now have to take pills three times a day to stop the muscles spasms which are the cause of my discomfort and I also have to take dietry supplements as well.


The pills are fine, it's the supplements that are they odd thing. I need to take it once a day with breakfast and it takes the form of an "orange juice drink" I say form very loosly. Imagine talking your morning glass of orange and dissolving a weetabix biscuit in it, that's what it tastes like. It also soldifies if you don't drink it quickly. All I need is for it to bubble and steam to make my morning complete.


Part Two - The Random Stuff


Because it doesn't really belong anywhere else. For example I spent some of this weekend on a "Media Communications" course with the ATC. Bascially it was a course on how to write press releases, take interesting pictures and how to handle the media in a crisis. And that last part involves a lot more than just "No comment" I might add.


We also got chance to discuss the recruitment of Adult volunteers as they are planning a big recruitment drive over the next month. Did you know the ATC actually has more members than the RAF? But like most volunteer organisations we lack the people power to run all of our squadrons properly. It'll be intersting to see how the new campaigns works as last years wasn't all that good.


I've also started to watch the first season of "Life on Mars" which I bought on DVD last week. I have to admit it's one of the most intersting things I've watched recently. It has that little bit extra which to me makes it more than "just a cop show". I don't ever think I'll look at the girl from the test card the same again either. For those who haven't watched it I'd recommend it.


And finally, I found this picture on my camera, having forgotten it was there, I'll leave it up to you to add a caption.

2 comments:

Dogeared said...

Voodoo magic on the laptop... hmmm!

And that photo is funny :D

I meant to email you to see what you wanted to do next week - I was originally planning on bring my cameraup, but as I'm flying, I'm limited to one bag. So I might not. I wasn't sure we were planning on going anywhere outside much, and the weather doesn'tseem co-operative for scenery photos anyway.

How'd you feel about trying the skiing? You did say that one day we'd go skiing, after I tried the ice-skating ;-)

Simon said...

I was expecting those pictures to come out way before they have! Drat!

Hope you continue to get better.