Wednesday, January 24, 2007

State of the Onion Address

My fellow orangutans,

I speak to you today not looking forward, but first of all looking back. Today I personally lost something today that has been a constant source of support these last few years. I am of course talking about my works laptop! Finally after a long stuggle with bad sectors it finally succumbed to the inevitable. It did not suffer, there was no blue screen, it past away peacfully as the system froze before the life support was switched off. There was no recovery.

It will be sorely missed. It was interned on a shelf in the IT cupboard in the hope that some of it's organs may allow another patop the chance of life. This does not leave us without a PC, the laptop has spent the last week passing it's information onto it's successor. I hope my new desk bound PC will be just as successful as the laptop. I'm sure we will be able to work around it's lack of mobility.

With the current impact of humans on the environment we must commit to using 20% less oil in the next 10 years. To this end I urge you, like me to give up frying your food. Instead we should be grilling or using other cooking methods that require no oil. I myself used my new kitchen top grill today for the first time. Although there were no instructions we do not go forward blind. Improving our environment will not prove a chore. I myslef spent half an hour cleaning the used grill and loved every minute of it. ;-P

In closing my fellow critters. May bob dress Anita.

2 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

*solemnly lays wreath before screen*

Dogeared said...

OK, what in smeg's name does the "May Bob dress Anita" mean?!

Poor work laptop... here's to the new PC.