Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Normal Service, Yet to Be Resumed

Looking back to last week I realised I actually worked for 7 days straight for a total of 74 hours. Gods, I'd hate to do that every week. It's no wonder I seem to be behind at everything at the moment. I came back from Eastbourne with piles of washing, ironing and house cleaning to do. Plus I still had to fix the toilet in the bathroom.

The good news is that the bathroom now has a leak-free toilet installed in it and everything else has now dried out. The carpet no longer fits properly, but that doesn't matter. It'll do until Iget round to tiling the floor. But I have a couple of other jobs in the bathroom to do, before I can do that. I need to sort out a plumber to fit a new show and taps for bath, plus I'm thinking of installing a towel radiator instead of the current tiny one that's currently in there.

The washing ironing and cleaning have also been blitzed. I don't know how I found the energy to do it all, but I'm sure they haven't put something in the water. Speaking of the water, I had an argument with the water company of my bill on Monday. It turned out to be right (although in my opinion it might still be suspect), but I'm awaiting the full year statement in June before I'm completely happy.

Work has been really busy this week. I was looking forward to being back in the office as it should be entirely less stressful but...

... my boss is working in Holland this week, out tech support engineer is on the sick suffering with DVT and our trainee engineer is also on the sick after being assaulted at the weekend. I'm doing the work of 3 men (although it's technically 2 as I haven't had chance to do any of mine). It may all be worth it eventually when the overtime comes through, but at the moment it is a complete pain.

So I currently have no social life until this weekend. This is becoming a habit I'm definately going to have to break this year. Work took up too much of my time last year and I don't want to let it happen this year. Call this a late new years resolution if you will. I won't blame my lack of a love life on work though. I'm totally honest on it being failings at my end more than anything else.

I've basically lost contact with the person I meet before Xmas. I tried to get in touch a couple of times but she was too busy and also not feeling well. I felt really bad for ringing. In fact that's a problem I always have. I never like ringing people or starting online conversations in case people are busy and I'm disturbing them. Stupid I know, but there you go. I'm sure psychologists would have a field day with that one. Another look into the mind of Andy, be careful what you find there. ;-)

The aslt conversation I had I asked her to get in contact when she was feeling better and not busy, needless to say that was 3 weeks ago. Do I try again, or do I just leave her alone and move on, or does coutesy demand one more try. Gah!

I am glad that it's only the friverolous (sp?) things I have to worry about at the moment.

3 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

That is way too much work. Definitely needs to be sorted out!

Dogeared said...

You definitely need some time off... and hey, although it'll be the end of February, you at least have a few days booked off ;-)

I just watched Alias 5.1 tonight and Oh.My.GOD! Jaw dropping.

Anyway...

With the girl, I think you've tried everything you can and maybe this one wasn't meant to be. If she does want to continue it, she at least knows where to find you.

Simon said...

I'm glad you're on top of things. I think one more phone call will be enough, and if she shows no interest, move on to the next Agency mission. ;)

I wish you luck in your quest, as ever. You are an amazing person.