Thursday, January 04, 2007

Colour me Fushed!

Well, er...

...not quite. Before I get into the latest installment of the soap opera of my life I'd just like to wish everyone the best for 2007. May all your dreams come true, except one.

This year I decided it would be the year I re-decorate the bathroom. If there is one room in the house that really needs it, it's the bathroom. The house obviously decided this as well and decided to give me a little push in that direction. My toilet has devolped a small leak and I got back to find my carpet was sodden with water. This has obviously been going for longer than I thought as the carpet was funny colour on the underside when I pulled it up to inspect the floor.

Eww!

So I spent yesterday evening drying and cleaning the bathroom and I'm currently staying at my parents until I get it fixed this weeked (i'm then going to proceed to rip out the carpet). And just like the six million dollar man I'm sure it can be rebuilt. The plan is to install new taps on the bath, tile the floor (waterproof) and tile the rest of the wall that currently isn't tiled. If i'm feeling really handy, I might just straighten out the bathroom cabinet which surprisingly hasn't fallen off the wall since I put it up 18 months ago. But is still as crooked as ever.

However work is trying it's best to get in the way of my plans. After my glamourous trip to Strasbourg before Christmas, I have an even more glamourous one lined up. Next week I'm working in the elephant graveyard known as Eastbourne. I'm testing a machine that was damaged by fire just before christmas. And before anybody asks I don't think it was due to overuse either.

I've decided to travel Sunday to give me more working time and to catch the M25 on a 'good' day. Which is why I need to get things fixed on Saturday. I may also get back at a reasonable time on the Friday as well, although pigs may of course be soon landing at Heathrow! Apparently we work £4200 a year of unpaid overtime and I can quite well believe it.

I know what my overtime is going to pay for! ;-)

Happy New Year Folks.

2 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

Stupid leaky toilet! Still, if it results in an upgraded bathroom, it's all good, right?

Simon said...

Hope the toilet can be fixèd and the the M25 is kind to you!