Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers!

Good Evening Folks!

I can defiantely say I'm much more perkier at the moment than I have been over the last 3-4 weeks. I'm still suffering with my sinuses, but I've now been switched to a stronger set of Antibiotics as well as a nasal spray. Add that to the fact that my boss was back at work on Thurday, which has really lifted a weight from my shoulders. So overall I have every reason to feel perkier. I certainly feel more awake.

I decided to blitz the house today, which is something I periodically do. So it was dusted, washed, swept, bleached, mopped, vacuumed from top to bottom. Once I started I just didn't stop. After lunch (yes that was before lunch) I went out for a bike ride while the weather was dry (but boy was it cold). I decided to ride on to the next village just to see how far I could get. It's only 3 miles away, but what I didn't take into account was that it was mostly downhill on the way there. I got there thinking "That was easy" and then on the way back all I was thinking was "bugger"! I helped myself to an extra slice of malt loaf after that one.

Looking back on the week, we also had our Annual Formal Inspection at Cadets this week. Basically that's when 2-3 higher ups visit the squadron. We then get rated on everything from our paperwork to moral. They can be very picky. I mean, we got marked down for not having any "No smoking" signs in the building. We don't allow smoking in the organisation for crying out loud. Still we got full marks for moral if nothing else. :-)

My trip to France saga took another twist this week. As you know I was supposed to be there this week. Well it looks likely that I'm now going out to France on Moday 27th for 5 days. Not to bad except...

... I have the weekend and then it looks like I'll be going to France again (Strasbourg this time) for at least 2 weeks. That's going to mean I'm away for half of Decemeber. So I'm either going to have to be really early or really late with my Xmas shopping. Do I dare leave it late in case I'm in France for longer? At least work have given me some warning over this one. Still it's this sort of thing that plays havoc with my social life (what little of it I have ).

Speaking of social life I have a little news. I went to meet my first introduction last night. It was a last minute thing as she'd just finished working nights and I wasn't in France. We went out for a Thai meal which was ratehr nice and we bascally chatted the nigth away. It was a nice evening, but at the end of it we decided that we both weren't what each other was looking for. I can't believe how nervous I was at the start as well. So I'll be going on to the next introduction, although not until I get abck from France probably.

But it makes me wonder, would I even know what I'm looking for, even if it's sitting right in front of me? Or am I too slow to realise these things. I guess we'll find out. It makes me wonder how many opportunites we let slip by because we don't realise they are there...

... or because we weren't willing to risk something.

Oh and blogger keeps telling me that V2.0 is now up and running. Should I be switching?

3 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

Well done on the housecleaning! Most industrious.

As for the Chrimbo shopping, I would err on the side of, er, early (snigger. OK, I'll stop it with the er stuff) as you know it'll be sheer hell later on. By the end of this week, I'm planning to be 99% done with my shopping as December's so manic it isn't funny.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're very busy! I'd say do the shopping early, get it done and remove the worry. And as you said elsewhere - internet shopping!

And here's to the next introduction - glad the first one was relatively good, and means you can look forwad to the next one!

Simon said...

Malt loaf is the cyclist's friend. Good on yer for having it!

I'm glad the first introduction was not a disaster, at least, and nerves are very natural. Here's to the next one.

Furthermore, I expect that if the One is sitting in front of you, I expect you'll know. Yes.

And you are much braver than I for this stuff. Definitely!