Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I Have Had it with the Motherf**king Spiders in this Motherf**king House

Shamlessly borrowed from Simon!

Okay own up. Who doesn't have their fair share. My house just seems to be awash with spiders at the moment. I know I've complained about living on my own, but that wasn't an open invitation for my eight legged friends to come along and keep me company. I'd just about got rid of all those annoying Thunder Bug type things as well.

But now everytime I come back to my house on an evening I'm finding yet another spider trying to set up residence in one of the numerous corners in my house. I have ... er ... removed at least 7 or 8 so far this week using various means. If I were to detail it all I'd probably sound like a B-Movie version of "Snakes on a Plane" if such a thing is possible.

Also to add to the list of things that have broken in my house - my electic razor has gone on the blink. Which means I'm currently trying to hack my face off every morning with a manual razor. This wouldn't be so bad except I've never used a manual razor in my life. It's always been easier and quicker to use an electric one. so far there's been no blood, but it's always in the back of my mind that maybe I'd do better with sandpaper.

Maybe I should try waxing or something?

I hope to reduce my "broken" list by one early next week. I've got an engineer coming to look at my washer/dryer on Monday. Not before time as well, it actually switched itself on while empty on Monday night. It's currently unplugged to prevent a repeat performance. The really annoying thing though is I've had to take a day off work to get it fixed, so I hope they can do it on the day!

Topical Thought for the Day: At the moment it's currently San Marino 0 - 13 Germany in the football. Sort of puts England 5 - 0 Andorra in perspective doesn't it?

4 comments:

Dogeared said...

My bug bear (pardon the pun) is usually with flies or moths, which come in via open windows or the conservatory.

But come winter, it'll be the slugs which get me riled. They come in through gaps in the conservatory door (where the two doors meet etc). Ugh.

See I could remove the spiders for you if I were up there. I do OK on bug removal (of all bugs - winged, legged, slimey or arachnid).

Simon said...

Thief! Thief, I say!

Eileen said...

Oh my god, me too! There are dozens of the damn things in my house, and it's driving me crazy.

I'll usually try to catch them and let them go, but I can't reach the ceiling. If they stayed in the corners, that'd be fine. But they tend to get very mobile just as I'm going to bed, and I don't feel comfortable with them crawling across the bedroom ceiling, above my head. I'm terrified they're going to fall on me!

I have a sore ear just now, and the paranoid part of me is convinced that a spider has crawled in there and died! Don't scoff, that actually happened to a friend of mine!

CosmicAvatar said...

You poor thing. The spider population does appear to be awfully active at the moment - the little (and not so little) buggers are everywhere!