Friday, July 07, 2006

When Week's Go Bad!

Next on Fox after C.S.I Norfolk. In tonight's C.S.I. Grissom is called to a cock fight where one of the competitors has died in mysterious circumstances and is revealed to be a rooster!

I nearly broke one of my own rules about blogging last night. I've always said to myself I'd never blog when depressed. But last night i came in in such a state I was sorely tempted to share the mood. Luckily general apathy prevailed and you were spared the melodrama. After having slept on it I'm now in a much better mood.

Let's just say I haven't really had a good week. At one point I was working on top of the incinerator in the middle of the day and the temperature up there was 45 - 50 C. I was not a pretty sight after coming down from there. The job was also very problematic. I left site late on thursday had a horrendous journey back. Coming back to an empty house was basically the final straw.

Let's leave it there shall we...

So what about today. Well the day started brightly, I got a nice parcel containing a new mobile phone to replace my old one which is working when it feels like it. I also got a letter which succeeded in bringing me back down to earth. The envelope was stamped with the mark of the Cambridge NHS Primary CAre trust.

It seems that the doctor who I used to be registered with back in St. Neots has been sent to prison for false accounting of patient records. So I've got to make an appoitment to see a healthcare professional and my current doctor to go through my current records from that time and basically check there accuracy. The letter started "You may be aware..." and then went on to describe the situation. My first thought was "I damned well wasn't aware..." (the swearing was less casual than that!).

And of course there was a phone call from the incinerator I'd been to earlier in the week! Everything was working as it should, but they didn't seem to think so. I like the guy, but he so does my head in at times.

I think it'll be safer if i just stay indoors this weekend.

Thought for the week: Being British is living in a country where Pizza and Chinese food arrives quicker than an Ambulance.

4 comments:

Simon said...

Arrested?! Flippin' 'eck!

P... P... Pizza! You've made me hungry now!

CosmicAvatar said...

45-50 degrees! That's appalling. You poor thing. I sincerely hope that any return visit is extremely brief...

Dogeared said...

Ouch, and then ouch some more, that does sound like a bad week.

Sorry :-(

Jess said...

Yikes! I really hope stuff improves for you next week. Just sleep a lot this weekend and call that one a write-off.