Sunday, April 29, 2007

Waltzing Along

Well, not really. I mean, I've never waltzed in my life, never really had the rhythm for it I suppose. Plus I suspect travelling by car is faster! Except if you live in central London, then maybe dancing along the pavement would be faster.

Anyway, as always happens at my place of work, there were very last minute decisions made on Friday. Which is why, very very early tomorrow (Monday) morning I will find myself on the road and on my way to Kings Lynn in Norfolk. Yes I'm heading to the Fens for a few (hopefully) days, until another engineer comes along to take over and I can get back to the office. The job itself isn't too tough, just babysitting a machine and making sure the operators know what they are doing before we rip there other machines out.

This is one week I definately don't want any problems. This project is already 5 weeks late and we can't afford anything else to rear it's ugly head. In fact things have so far gone so wrong that I'm half expecting Bigfoot to be the next problem. Well it is Norfolk after all!

But that's tomorrow, let's go back to this weekend. This weekend I was down in Manchester visiting Dave and Simon. But this weekend had a purpose, we went to see James in concert at the M.E.N Arena. This wasn't James Blunt or James Morrison, this was just 'James'. This was the 3rd time I've seen thenm in conert which puts them at the top of my concert charts.

The concert itself was spectacular. The music was brilliant (obviously) and the lighting effect weren't too shabby either. In fact the only thing that was wrong with the evening was that the people in front of us insisted on smoking, even though the arena itself is a no smoking zone. I can't wait until the ban on smoking in public places comes into effect in 2 months. Some people just make me very angry...

Grr...

Anyway, let's finish on a something a little on calming. For those of you who have no idea who James are here is one of my favourite songs. Here's hoping I'm back midweek.

1 comment:

Simon said...

I like that song too. Hope things go well in that there Norfolk!