Monday, April 23, 2007

Do You Remember Your First Time?

I do! "Naughty Thoughts Abound"

For the first time last week I was a complete and utter geek at work! It was my real first out pouring of geekiness. And do you know what? Some of my colleagues actually "got it" I was most impressed. Although it went completely over my bosses head, but you can't win them all.

Anyway, I got to play "House". We've had a problem with a project at work (I can't name it it's very politicaly sensitive) and this has been going on for weeks. Anyway different people have been involved over the past few weeks and various "problems" have been seen, but never been discussed at the same time. So I watched this project remotely for a few days to verify all these problems.

Can you see where this is going?

Yep, I made gratuitous use of the white board in my office. I wish I could take a picture of it show you, but it would require too much censoring. It starts with a big title at the top that reads; "***** Differential Diagnosis" (***** being the project name) and then in a different colour I list all of the observed symptoms (of which there are half a dozen). I even left room in case more symptoms appear. And finally I listed the outcome if the "symptoms" get worse, which basically amounts to "smoke, flames & bang".

When somebody stepped into the office and tried to add an extra symptom I even got to utter the immortal line: - "I told you,only I get to play with the markers". I had a big smile on my face for the rest of the day.

I've even decided to grow the "House Stubble" to commemorate this event.

And now for a quick bathroom update:

Well, I spent the entire weekend trying to sort out tiles. Firstly I removed all but 6 of the current tiles from the bathroom wall. Why keep 6? Well, the sink isn't actually screwed to the wall. Instead I've discovered it's only the sealent between it and the wal tiles that holds it up. It doesn't actually need the pedestal, time for plan B on that score.

I have also purchased there replacements. I'm going to tile the entire room in a 2 tone colour scheme. The picture isn't brilliant, but as you can see it's a nice shiny dark(ish) grey at the bottom. With a 2 tone border in the middle (really shiny) with a beige/light grey hybrid for the upper half. The tiles are bigger then the old ones, so I don't yet know how long it will take me.


Below is a current "Work in progress" from the bathroom. As you can see it's a bit of a mess, but my new taps have at least been fitted.



The radiator is also currently in and working, but I couldn't take a picture of that at the moment. I've had to prop the door open as I'm currently repainting the skirting board from an "off white" to an "actual white" while there are no tiles on the wall and no carpet on the floor. I don't have to be so careful. I've manged to do most of it, and I should finish the rest of the skirting board on Wednesday night.

Oh and until the tiling is finished I don't have a shower, so I either don't or I take a bath. Unless I get up earleir I don't have time for a bath before I go to work. I never realised I'd have such difficult decisions once I started this project!

2 comments:

Dogeared said...

The bit about your becoming House made me smile - so funny! And I totally get the big grin from getting to quote lines!

CosmicAvatar said...

Differential diagnosis! Yay!

Those tiles look lovely. It'll look so good when it's done. I can tell you that, although larger tiles can be unwieldy, they certainly fill up a wall quicker. Oh, and watch out for not just aligning vertical/horizontal but flat as well - trying to do it all at once is a bit of a bugger, I can tell you!