Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Because The Girls Love a Man in Uniform

Supposedly, so somebody once told me! However after this picture they may just change there mind.



Yep that's me in my new Adult Sergeant uniform. The beret doesn't look as bad as I feared it would. It was worth sitting the morning with that thing soaking wet on my head. The shoes are also coming up well, although they could be better. The shirt however is a bit of a loose fit. They are sized on collar size, but becasue I have a thick neck, I think they expect this size of shirt to fit sombody of a "larger" stature. It also comes down to my knees, but you obviously can't tell as I'm wearing trousers.


Strange I know, but uniform regulations state that trousers must be worn. ;-) Oh and you can cut yourself on the sharpness of the creases. It also adds lots more time to my ironing as well. ;-(


In other news I have bought a new DVD player to replace the old one that died last week. It's black, shiny and looks like a DVD player unsurprisingly. It also is multi-region which means I can play the hundreds of region 1 discs (and the two region 3!??) discs which I have scattered around the living room.


Oh and I eventually had that "Talk" with the MD last Wednesday. There was lots of "I agree with you on this" & "I don't agree with you on that" but in the end I don't think anything will change because of this. That has really upset my boss as he hoped it would finally open his boss' eyes and something will be done.


I also found out that he's really scared that he's going to lose me because of it. It's nice to know that somebody appreciates me.

4 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

I'm sorry you feel that the talk with the MD doesn't appear to have led to progress. Bah. Oh, well - there's always hope. And in the meantime, yay for multi-region DVD players! Excellent.

Dogeared said...

Nice uniform! You look good in it [up].

And hurrah for multi region DVD players! I've got a R1 disc of a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy concert (came with the CD album), but have never seen it!

And I'm sorry the discussion with the MD didn't go as well as hoped, but it's good your boss values you and has told you.

Simon said...

The uniform sounds like a bit of work, but it does look good, sir. Sir, yes sir!*

And it's a shame that the MD didn't agree with you all the way. I'm holding out vague hope that some of the stuff gets implemented. Y'know, the stuff that will cost nothing.

*Sorry, couldn't resist!

Anonymous said...

That pic of you in your uniform, it looks like you missed one of the pins.