Monday, August 07, 2006

Cliffhanger

I had a really busy week at the first half of last week. I only have myself to blame. 16 months of living in my house mean that it had already succumbed to that horrible little desease called "clutter". So what possessed me to try and sort it out I'll never know. I think I must of been suffering with something to think "Hey that sounds a good idea".

Now considering my only free evenings during the week are Mondays and Wednesdays I think I did rather well. Although I must admit I did cheat a little bit towards the end and some stuff was just moved wholesale into the Garage. And that was because it was much more work to put it in the loft where I originally wanted to put it.

It's my own fault. When I know I've got company coming I always go into a frenzy of cleaning. And yes Simon that includes you and Dave as well. Helen was visiting Leeds to see friends from uni, but she thankfully had time to stop by for the weekend. We had intended to try and go climbing sometime over the weekend, but the fact that the climbing centre kept ignoring my phonecalls put a stop to that idea.

So instead we settled in to watch Alias Season 2. Last time Helen visited, she brought S1 and we got about halfway through that. So when she left I immediately went out an bought it just so I could see the end. That show just seems to be one big cliffhanger. We only got half way through S2 this time so you can guess what I'm going to be doing this week.

There was also a good natured argument on what constitutes a hill. Specifically I think part of my walking route takes in a hill, but helen's not so sure. I think I'm going to be taking some photo's at somepoint to let you guys decide. We both agree there are too many thunderbugs on that route though! She eventually escaped back to the south of England on Sunday eveningwhere (apparently) they don't exist.

Next time I'm down there I think I should reintroduce a colony of them.

3 comments:

Dogeared said...

You dare bring those critters down here, and I will fill your bag with moths. We have lots of moths. I don't know which are worse. At least moths don't tend to land on you and stick to you.

Also, I will show you hills. Oh yes. I will post photos!

Simon said...

The climbing centre ignored your phonecalls? What did you do to them?!

CosmicAvatar said...

Don't you dare go spreading those bugs around! I get terrified enough by June bugs. Ugh.