Sunday, May 07, 2006

Let's Get Ready to Rumble

Nothing to do with Ant and Dec I assure you!

Decided for the first time this year to mow my lawn on Wednesday. As always Me Vs. my lawn turned into an epic struggle. The first round went to me as I easily managed to cut the front lawn and the little bit of grass down the side of my house. Then the lawn struck back in a completely underhanded and downright sneaky manouver it conspired to break the spool on my strimmer. So at the moment the lawn is nice and short bordered around the edges by 3 inch high grass. So I called the first round a draw and decided to cut the back garden on the Thursday evening!

Thursday evening came and I was determined to show the bark garden no mercy. The garden put up a valient effort. Some of the grass in places was rediculously tall and it grows so much thicker in the back garden and the front. It's not a large grarden by any stretch of the imagination, but it put up one hell of a fight. I had to empty the bin on the mower half a dozen times. It was definately good exercise and my arms ached when I'd finished. Of course I couldn;t do the edges. I've so far been to 3 DIY stores and half a dozen other stores and none of them sell the spool for my type of strimmer. Every other type, but not mine.

So my garden looks at me and grins, knowing that for now it has won. I'm confident I've got it's measure. I've found a supplier who can supply me with the strimmer part next week and looking at my front lawn it's going slightly yellow so it may not last the summer. Even then I'm considering turning the front lawn into a garden instead.

I know I'm going to have the last laugh!

Thought for the day: In a world full of questions. Do we seek answers without first knowing the question?

2 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

Bad garden. Bad!

Simon said...

Didn't you get that from Woolworth's? Or was that something else? [/fevered memory]