Thursday, March 23, 2006

Another Cold Day in the Big Blue World.

And how cold has it been lately!!!? I mean we are now officially into spring for pete's sake. I'm sure that if I have my central heating running for much longer it's going to melt. It's been so cold, I've taken to wearing my woolly hat in the office first thing on a morning. The radiator in our office is the last one to come on and takes an age to warm up.

So what happened last week. Well the week really began with my Great-Grandmothers funeral. I'm always amazed at the amount of family I never see except for at Weddings and Funerals. As is always the case with funerals it was raining. There was the usual family spat as well as one of her sons had decided to go to Spain rather than attend his mothers funeral.

Latter part of the week found me in deepest darkest Wales on a site surey. Nothing to write home about apart from it was just as cold down there as it was up here. Glad it was the hotel paying the heating bills on that one.

This week it suddenly hit home that I've actually lived in my house for a year now. How did I come to this realisation? Well I've been getting more and more post through my letterbox asking for money for things I set up when I moved in. They're all asking for more money than last year as well!

Just for once I'd like something other than a bill to pop through my door.

4 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

Funerals are never pleasant. [hug]

A year in your house already? How time do fly...

Simon said...

I don't like funerals either, and, yes, it does always rain. Dramatic weather.

Wales, eh? Er.

See you soon, sir!

Dogeared said...

I think funerals by their very nature are always sad - the best we could hope for is sorrow but a celebration of a life lived. Does that make sense?

And a year? Wow.

Meghan said...

And how cold has it been lately!!!? I mean we are now officially into spring for pete's sake.

That's what you get for not living in Southern California. ;p