Thursday, July 12, 2007

Twelve of Twelve

Ding Dong merrily on high, it's Twelve of Twelve time again. I know it's july, but should be able to sing Carols all year round... well, maybe those that don't actually mention christmas. I mean we are now over halfway through the year, it's only just round the corner. Yes, it's a very big corner, but I have a v. good imagination. Which is also a curse, good imaginations mean you can conjure up images no matter what is described, which is not necessarily a good thing.

But hey who needs an imagination when we have pictures...

---

1. 07:20 Approx
It's 99.9% finished. About a fortnight ago myself and my dad undertook the final task of fitting the floor to my new bathroom. It took us just under 2 days to fit it properly, so finally the upstairs of my house no longer looks like a building site. The only thiung that needs finishing is a little bit of edging where the bath meets the floor.
---

2. 07:45 Approx
This is the lawn outside the front of my house. Well I call it a lawn, I don't know if it qualifies as such anymore. IT's more weeds and moss rather than grass. At least it's still vaguely green. It's also short as I managed to cut it last night before it rained.

---

3. 07:46 Approx
This is my backgarden. As you can see I didn't get chance to cut this last night. If I'm not careful it'll become a Jungle before I turn around twice. Then I'll have to evict the gorilla's beforeI can cut it again.

---
4. 08:20 Approx
A package arrived on my desk this morning, it contained this. It is a map of Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg. We have maps of the different countries we have customers in, on our walls. Except we realised that we didn't have one of Holland, which is odd as we are a Dutch company. So I went on ebay to remedy the situation. This is our second map as somebody pinched our first one!

---

5. 11:25 Approx
This is my savior on warm days as the office doesn't have air conditioning. Unfortuantely the lead on it isn't very long so it sits quite close to my desk. Plus the only settings it has are:

1. Gale Force

2. Hurricane

3. Look out Dorothy I'm on my way to Oz.


If I have it pointed at me, all the bits of paper get blown around my desk. So it has to be pointed away from me and I just get the draught it creates.

---

6. 12:00 Approx
It's medication time. This one pill allows me to have a meal without ti causing me too much pain later in the day. So I have to take it 3 times a day, preferably half an hour before meals. I have an alarm which comes on my phone to remind me as I have a terrible memory for such things. I also have an alarm that reminds me of twelve of twelve time as well.
---

7. 14:30 Approx
I'm working int he workshop testing various bits of machinery this afternoon. This is a finsihed machine with all of it's painted panelling. Would you believe this is the most popular colour we sell. Just once I'd like to see one a more interesting colour. The most interesting one I have seen is painted cream, orange and brown, to match the room decor!
---

8. 15:25 Approx
This is a coffin loading machine. It was designed by our French subsidury and does exactly what it says on the tin. It pushes coffins into the machine so the operator stay away from the hot chamber and also doesn't hurt there back.
---

9. 16:30 Approx
Do you remember this? This is the anaimal machine fom my last twelve of twelve. Except it's much more further on than the last time you saw it. IT know has most of the electrics and the gas/air pipe work used during the combustion process. You'll notice it is a nice shade of dark blue. This is the standard colour for our incinerators.
---

10. 17:30 Approx
This is my meal for this evening, our lovely canteen lady made the sandwiches for me as I knew I would be working late. It's a Thursday so I have Tai Chi this evening and I travel there straight from work.
---

11. 21:05 Approx
The aftermath of another intense T'ai Chi session. This fine Chap is Frank one of the characters in the group. Lobar (our instructor) is in the background, he's not posing, but looking for his keys in his pockets. Let me tell you after tonight I was just one big sweaty mess.
---

12. 21:45 Approx
This is the view from the bottom of the hill, rather than the top of the hill for once. It's also a view that is going to change in the near future. A company is proposing to install 80 metre high wind turbines on the moor opposite my estate. Now i'm not against wind turbines, but I'm interested to see how the landscpae is going to change in the near future when the turbines go up on the moor.

---
Bonus Pic: HOT


13. 16:55 Approx
This is my bonus picture for this week. Unfortunately we didn't have any lit cremators in the workshop today so you have this! This is a gas burner which we use on our standard machine. It gives out a much bigger flame than your standard oven, the flames can reach upto 3ft long. They are cable of heating a machine up to a temperature of 900 Celcius and beyond (given enough time).

----
And that's it for another month. That's 6 down, with 5 more to go (one was missed). Hope you've enjoyed it. Maybe one day I'll down one without pictures of cremators in it. It'll most likely be a weekend ;-)
If you have read all of this and have no idea why I did this, then pop over here and read Chad's blog.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! :) I feel your pain on the no air conditioning. My apartment is sans AC and it's a sauna!!

Anonymous said...

Cool pics! Fans are life savers in the hot weather - I have one in every room!

Zippy said...

Holy s***! No a/c! What a complete and total bummer. I feel for you. My workplace is like a freezer. It's either one way or the other. I actually like all the cremator pictures...:)

Michele

CondoBlogger said...

I don't think I will ever get over how unique your job is!

Great shots as usual. The loo looks great as well!

Chad Darnell said...

Great pics!

WHAT IS A COFFIN LOADING MACHINE!?

Scooter said...

Love picture #12!

Bally4283 said...

Yay for finished bathroom! It truly is splendid, people.

Dogeared said...

You really do have an unusual job! I can still remember the discussion about how to cremate a giraffe, sitting in the garden at Amanda's party! (it really was funny, people!)

Glad the bathroom's sorted, and I really like that 12th landscape photo, very cool!

catie said...

The backyard is lovely, embrace the jungle! Then you can run around swinging from the trees!