Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Twelve of Twelve

Well another year is almost over, with this it'll be 11 from 12 this year, which I don;t think is half bad dor my first year at this. Hopefully I'll manage a full house next year. I can certainly promise no more "Cremation" pictures next year. I start my new job on January and that'll just be doing work for the "water" companies. So from Fire to Water, there's definately an elemental nature to all of my jobs.
---
*
1. 07:15 Approx
At this time of year, the sun gets more of a sleep-in than I do. So I wake up to this grey half-light when I look out of my window on a morning.
---
*
2. 07:30 Approx
No you're not having a flashback. This is honestly yet another different picture of my breakfast (museli and banana). Thinking you may be getting bored of this by now, I decided to spice it up by taking the picture upside down. Maybe next month I'll set it alight or something.

---
*
3. 07:45 Approx
As well as being dark it's also bloody freezing this morning. Not only am I cold enough to bump into a Yeti, but it was also cold enough for the windscreen on my car to freeze up. I hate scraping the ice and frost from my windscreen. I just want to get from my house and into the car (with a heater) as quickly as possible.

---
*
4. 08:30 Approx
First things first when I get in the office, get the kettle on. The office hot water urn is currently broken so we have to share this kettle for the water for our tea/coffee. I try and get at it first before the queues form. I need a cup of tea when I get in to help me warm up.

---
*
5. 10:00 Approx
The office outside door security system is playing up again. We have a number of doors into the building that can be only accessed by a swipe card. We built the system ourselves as my boss didn't want ot pay a professional company to do it. So when it goes wrong I have to fix it. Today the cards either won't let anybody in, or the doors are letting anybody in off the street.

---
*
6. 14:00 Approx
It's 2pm in the afternoon and I still have the heater on underneath my desk. I hate the cold weather.

---
*
7. 15:40 Approx
Nearly 4pm and the security system is finally fully functional again. As I've been so bust this is only my second cup of tea of the day. What is the world coming too?
---
*
8. 17:15 Approx
This year at work we all decided rather than give out christmas cards to each other, instead we'd donate the money to charity instead. But as the number of ever increasing cards on my windowsill shows, some people have gone ahead and done it anyway. I always feel the need to reciprocate, so I'm having to up the estimated number of cards I'm going to need this year.

---
*
9. 18:40 Approx
At home any recieved cards sit on my fireplace. I haven't yet had any cards land on the doormat just yet. All of the one you see here actually turned up at my old address, luckily my parents still live there!
---
*
10. 18:55 Approx
These are the first and last of the christmas decorations that need to go up this year. It may not look it, but within the hour this'll be my christmas tree.


---
* 11. 19:30 Approx
The tree's finally up. It's like one of those Rubik's puzzles, there are a number of different pieces that can only fit together in one way. Needless to say when I first put it together, I had the middle and the bottom the wrong way round. Apart from looking a little lobsided it's managed to survive a year in the back of the garage.


---
*
12. 20:00 Approx
The finished product. I initially the lights wouldn't work, but after replacing a bulb, htye look like they'll be good for another year. They actually twinkle once they've warmed up, but I can't make em twinkle in a photo unfortunately. I did try taking some photo's in the dark, but they all turned out green as if they were taken through night vision goggles.
---

So that's it for another month and for another year. I hope you've enjoyed the 132 pictures that have made up this year. Next year maybe 144.

If you have read all of this and have no idea why I did this, then pop over here and read Chad's blog.

11 comments:

Susan said...

sad that I am jealous of you sleeping in until 7:15!! by then I have dropped the kids off at school and am almost at work! lol! it is almost 3pm here now....and coffee/tea/hot choc sounds really good!

Dogeared said...

Your work kettle looks like the one we have at home. Slightly worryingly, every time we picked it up from its base, there would be a ring of water on the top of the base it sits on...

Water and electricity aren't normally good friends, so we gave it a while to see (no electrocutions), but to be safe, I think we're scrapping it.

Oh and when I worked for AmeyMouchel, I remember someone gave us a bunch of spray cans to test - you sprayed the stuff on your windscreen at night, and in the morning, there would be no frost. I think they did actually work... may be worth looking in to?

And yay for a new job, and pretty Christmas tree! I had a mental blip tonight, trying to remember if I'd done your Christmas card yet or not, but I realised I haven't. I have written your birthday card tonight though - so if you see a green card with "For the 28th" in one corner - that's the birthday one! Depending on time, the Christmas one will either be in a white envelope (handmade card) or red one (WH Smith's finest!).

Poun said...

That looks like a complicated tree...but the result is amazing !!

We put the received christmas cards on the fireplace here too !! (I love the one of the far left, seems funny !)

Happy holidays ;-)

Anonymous said...

The Christmas Tree looks great! I don't have one this year (like the years before), but my parents will have one as usual.
And for the cold weather: I really could use a heater too :(

- Nici

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Your tree looks great! :)

Simon said...

Please don't set your breakfast on fire. I can't imagine it would improve the flavour!

And I sympathise completely with this damn cold weather - I hate it too. Grr.

Anonymous said...

Great pics! :) Love the tree in progress. I'm not bothering with one this year...I'll be in Florida, so it's just one more thing to worry about.

Anonymous said...

Your breakfast looks really good. This is my first 12 of 12.

Eileen said...

Now I'm worried that I sent the card to the wrong address. I'm sure I sent you a pm checking what you're address was, but I don't think I got a reply, so I just sent it to the address I had in my book. I hope you got it ok.

Zippy said...

I think your Yeti came over the pond to my neighborhood, because I swore I saw one lurking in the snow, sleet and positive muck that has been pummeling us here in NYC. I'll send him back right away.

Tree looks lovely! I love Christmas trees!

Scooter said...

Great pix...but how did you decorate the tree in just 30 minutes???