Monday, October 22, 2007

Life has a Sense of Humour.

At times life can be a complete pain in the rear. In fact at the moment it is definately a complete pain. My boss has unfortuantely had to go on a business trip to holland for the rest of this week. This leaves just me in the office to "Man the fort" as it were. I'm really hoping that there are no disasters this week. I'm behind enough with work as it is at the moment without having one of these rear there ugly head.

And then there is the otherside of life. As part of our installations we insist on a seperate telephone line to allow us to provide remote support for the machinery. Now you know the sort of places we deal with. Well when I enquired if one of our new installations had a line installed yet, the person at the other end of the went a little quiet. They then informed me they had, but they wanted BT to change the line before we could use it.

When I enquired as to why it was because the number they were given wasn't suitable. When I enquired what wasn't suitable about it they eventually told me that it ended with 666. When they complained BT obviously relented and decided to give them a new number.

Something that put a smile on my face at the end of last week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Manning the fort again? That's unacceptable... good luck, though. Yes.

CosmicAvatar said...

Awww, bless the little scaredy-cats!

Dogeared said...

Oh dear, that made me chuckle too!