Monday, June 12, 2006

The Fugitive!

... we interupt your usual programming to bring you this breaking news!

Sorry folks my blog of the weekend has been pushed to one side. For those of you interested it consisted of lots of football and lots of cheesecake. What more can a guy want?

Today, or specifically this evening has been much more interesting. After getting back from work I wanted to go out for a walk, but it was way too hot. So I decided to make dinner and then go out when it was cooler. I made a real hash of tea. Not the edible kind either. I started making pasta sauce, before realising I had no Pasta, so i substituted noodles. Then he lid came off the salt as i was cooking the noodles. I thought I managed to catch most of it, but I was wrong. The tomato noodles just tasted of salt in the end and i was basically just left with the salad on my plate.

I should have known it wasn't going to be my evening and stayed indoors after that.

Instead I knew I had a letter to post so I decided a walk to the postbox was in order, followed by a quick walk around the public footpaths through the fields that circle the village. As I walked to the post box i noticed a helicopter circling the estate. As it went overhead I noticed it was a police helicopter. As I walked through the village I noticed it circled a couple more times then disappeared.

That wasn't the last time I would see it!

I walked through the village to the fields and noticed a sign for a path I had't noticed before. Curious, I walked down he public footpath only to realise it ended at a fence and didn't seem to go anywhere. As I walked back across the field the helicopter appeared overhead again. As I walked back through the village I noticed it appeared to be circling again.

Not that I'm paranoid, but it wasn't long before I realised it was circling me! So it came as no surprise when a policecar suddenly pulled to a halt in front of me a couple of minutes later. IT turns out they were looking for someone and after seeing me walking across the fields they thought I looked very suspicious.

After a few questions everything was straightened out, but I felt pretty embarrassed about it all. But hat could I have done. I'm out for a walk and end up being mistaken for leeds most wanted.

I half expect to see my face on a wanted poster attatched to a lampost. Underneath is the phrase "Dead or Alice".

Thought for the Day: True faith must be earned. Hope however, should always be there.

2 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

Muahaha - you got away with it this time!

Dead Or Alice? Heee.

Dogeared said...

Underneath is the phrase "Dead or Alice".

Snort.

Nice trip out! I think I worried the guards outside the American Embassy in Budapest, as I was slowly walking along, looking up at the building (and the surrounding ones), looking for good photos. I walked down, and then a while later, came back and was peering trying to read the street sign (on the other side of the road, behind the guards). One soon came over, suspicious, and wanted to know what I was doing.